Wednesday, November 5, 2008

brightly colored buttons and jaundice flesh

You know, I'm usually pretty annoyed by the "tag seven people" posts. They just end up sorta... oh gosh, I don't know. I take back any cynicism or resentment I ever held over them though, because one on My Funny Eye just led me to the most beautiful blog.
Mieke Williams is a bit of a hodgepodge of photography, design, lifestyle, and general awesomeness. My favourite bits are the ones about little things, a hand embroidered pillowcase, an old desk drawer sorting buttons, a little watercolor and ink doodle. 
There's something beautiful in the small, the secret, the worthless. I think it's the only way to find life beautiful, or even bearable. It's all about finding beauty in the asphalt in the ocean; jaundice flesh is the most beautiful yellow ocher and feet with blackened soles smell like air and soil and grass.

No comments: