Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Macarons and Essays

I have an English essay due Friday that I haven't started. Rather than starting it, however, I began thinking about the roots of the word 'essay'. It comes directly from the French word 'essayer' which translates into English as to attempt, to try. I don't really take on major endeavors that often. When I do it's purely out of necessity. Overall I like myself; I don't see any major personality flaws. I don't lie, don't cheat. I'm pretty patient, pretty forgiving, pretty open. But the fact that I stay inside my comfort zone so really bothered me. So the point of my ramblings? This weekend I'm making macarons. 

::Laduree Flavours::
jasmine mango, chocolate, dark chocolate, vanilla, coffee, rose petal, pistachio, caramel, cherry amaretto, raspberry, orange blossom, liquorice, lemon, praline, mint, coconut, chestnut, grenadine, java pepper, apricot ginger, muscovado, candyfloss, havana, white amber, indian rose, aniseed, orange saffron, lily of the valley, strawberry poppy, gingerbread, rosanis

::Recipes::
I think I'm going to start off with LTG's green tea/dark chocolate ^_^

1 comment:

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

hi olivia-
i'm so glad you tried the macarons and that they worked. you don't know how happy that makes me. hope you keep making them. you have a wonderful blog here. congratulations!
Aran